Tuesday 9 November 2010

Miami Beach is more then meets the eye

I had  a one of a kind experience on Friday, visiting the Haitian eatery ,Tap Tap. Incense smoke filled the air. The sounds of a traditional Haitian songs, drum beats and Mojitios got your body moving. They were  the best, that I have had in Miami. They had the perfect balance of mint, lime and rum.I ordered the Griyo,which is a delectable treat of fried marinated pork pieces. It was so special, that I actually tried to steal a piece form my dining companions plate! She wasn't having any of it though and  I defiantly don't blame her.  I for sure would have gouged your hand with my fork if you tired to deprive me of any of  that delicious meat. Which was so moist and flavorful I dream about it at night. The grits they served were hands down the best I have ever had. I don't know how they were made.  Stay posted I will be getting theses recipes  straight from the chef next week. If you come Miami way you must make a trip to this little gem.
                                                                   
                                                              

                                                                    Here is the  Poached snapper

No comments:

Post a Comment